Wednesday, January 07, 2015

31DC2015 Day 6 - Half and Half - Marsala Color Block Nails

For today's challenge, I confess I might have cheated a bit and not at all intentionally.

Truth is half and half is due to your own interpretation and also I got a little carried away when I was doing my nails.

So I came up with this design:



Marsala Color Block Nails


I know they look more like color block nails but... 
can't half and half also be interpreted that way? ;)




Marsala pairing suggestions


I wanted to try and pair this lovely red-brown-ish shade with something that'd stand out but still make for a lovely combo.
I started with two coats of The Body Shop Crimson Kiss (click here for swatch photos).



Marsala Color Block Nails

I then freehanded the color block tips with Kiko Indigo (No.294) and Inocos Pequeno Pónei Céu and finished in style with some holographic stripping tape (the same one used here).



So what do you think? Would you interpret the prompt any other way? Do you consider this one cheating?  If so, I still hope you liked it anyway - I do love how the colour pair up in such a lovely  way.

I will talk to you again tomorrow for some more CNT 31DC2015 - so happy I've been managing all nail designs in time! :)


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

5 comments:

  1. What nice color block nails these are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of these colors go beautifully together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome! The color combo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning combination of colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all I wish you all the best for this new year!
    Marsala is the color of this year and I really love how you combined it with the other polishes. I like it when you get carried away :))

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...