Thursday, April 18, 2013

TPC - Round 6: It's Woodstock!

My nails today remind me of the 60s, of tie-dye T-shirts and Woodstock!

I've done a watemarbling - I wasn't feeling all too well and needed a fast achieving and fast drying mani, that would still look gorgeous.
And now you're thinking: 'You wanted that and went with watermabling?!'

Hehe - truth is, believe it or not, I nailed it the first time round and I got quite pleased with how they looked :D

Judge for yourself:





Bam! Bright colours! Sorry for nearly blinding you there!
I must confess I wasn't counting on these colours looking so vivid when I chose them, but now i'm just so glad I did! :D
The sun is shinning outside and these couldn't have been better at celebrating it! *.*
 





I started with one coat of white on all nails, using Purple Professional No.32.
I then alternated drips of Orangerie, Turquoise Shimmer and Pink of Me in the water for a marble that came out better than my wildest dreams!
 Maybe, just maybe, I'm getting better at it ;)
I even have favourites! haha - check them out!



My index finger! Love how the twirl came out, especially because it didn't look like it was gonna be good in the water - a drip of Orangerie didn't go quite in the middle (you can see it in the left corner of the nail ;)) and I got scared! haha!





And my pinky! Love it also! :D
It's like a little paper windmill, don't you think?



So how do you feel about this one? Hope it gives you a great sunny vibe to get through the day with a happy smile on your face :)
Let me know if it did in the comments below!

Oh! And make sure to check the other ladies doing the challenge, they're sure to make you smile too!



Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *





31 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the design you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you - happy that you liked it! :D

      Delete
  2. Nice color combination ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm usually not that good at combos, so that means a lot! ;)

      Delete
  3. GORGEOUS! Wow, I will never try water marbling, it sounds so hard to achieve, and there you go and do it fantastically on a day you wanted "something fast achieving"!! Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your awesome comment! And do try it: I'm starting to learn it's just a matter of practice ;)
      Seriously, and i'm not being modest here, I was just lucky: I tried out a new waterdesign and luckily it worked! :D If you check my previous watermarbles, you'll see they didn't come out as perfect - hehe

      Delete
  4. The colors are gorgeous! So vivid, but yet subtle. I love how you made a beautiful flower shape. They actually look like some topical flowers, which is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it! I couldn't get around a word to define these and you nailed it - they're like tropical flowers! :D
      I'm so happy you like it as much as I do :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a gorgeous manicure!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu - am really pleased you do love it! :)

      Delete
  6. woww.. super beautiful !!
    Can you make a tutorial for this manicure ? Really love it <3

    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! That's quite a compliment for a beginner such as myself!
      Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  7. Perdão; São mais bonitas ao vivo
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the water marbling Mina!! I've been seeing your comments on my blog and I'm so glad I finally found yours!! You have such lovely posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hetal! It means a lot to hear that from you! Your blog is so LOVELY! :)

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous water marble! The color combination is summery perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) Thank you - they've been brightening my day alright ;)

      Delete
  10. stunning - so delicate but bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your comment made me smile :)

      Delete
  11. These remind me of beautiful tropical lilies and orchids. Now Mina, I must complain, you make this look too easy! Beautiful, bright, delicate, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're to kind!!!! :D It is not easy at all though! I really, really just got lucky with the polishes and the design - believe me! ;)
      And you're right: these do resemble tropical flowers a bit - another detail that made me love this throughout the day even more :)

      Delete
  12. This is absolutely stunning! My water marbling results are always so random, but yours are perfect :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! My results are also random most of the times, believe me - this one was just sheer luck and a design easy to work with :)

      Delete
  13. Great Mani!! and you even managed to make all of them look somewhat similar! I can't say the same for my water marbles! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was actually happy with these ones! But it was a first believe me! :D Thank you for your sweet comment :) **

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...