Friday, November 22, 2013

Freehand Square Pattern

After doing this manicure I thought about spreading it to my nails, makind it bigger, bolder and... harder!

I must have been blessed with a Saint's patience that day because the manicure I'm about to show you took me about an hour to complete and was fully freehanded! ;)




Once I completed it though and saw how the photos looked,  I was a happy girl and I can tell you this was a hard one to take off ;)




I started it all with two coats of Dermacélsia Eternal, the nude shade squares you see.
The white ones were done with Bellaoggi Snow White (yes, that one again ;)).




As for the rest of the colours I simply had red, white and black acrylic (those were the only tubes I had taken with me to BF's house) but with only five colour I thought it would look kind of dull, so I went and mixed some black with red and white and created three more shades: grey, light pink and a sort of plummy lilac ;)




I then took a detail nail art brush and went about making the pattern to each nail.
I  made differ from one another for a more interesting look - I didn't want all nails to portray the same colour scheme.





So what do you think of this one? Worth the time I spent doing them? ;)

Have a wonderful Friday evening you all and I'll talk with you some more tomorrow!



Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

24 comments:

  1. Wow, the biggest wow in my life:)
    You're so patient! This is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day in terms of patience - it's not always like that - heheh ;)
      Thank you, E.! **

      Delete
  2. Wow! Sweetie, I just can't believe you free handed all this. It looks like you used striping tape. I think your hand is getting super steady, so make a good use of it and go for that plaid mani, because I am sure you are gonna rock it. I am loving the colors (also the ones that you created). Have a lovely weekend sweetie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for encouraging me, hun! You rock! :)
      Let's just say I'm not that good at horizontal lines... YET ;)

      Delete
  3. Deff worth it!! :)) Its very pretty! Do you have patience to make a free handed chess board? I know about the one hour to make a manicure (just happened to me last week), but when the result is this gorgeous..!! You know, I kind of prefer the colors you created instead of the basic acrylic ones, its a sweet color scheme to me :p Kisses,

    Cristina***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone understands me!! :D
      Thank you for your awesome comment, hun - I'll think about that chess board theme; pretty interesting ;)

      Delete
  4. Omg this looks awesome! It reminds me of alice in wonderland for some reason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, you're right! The Queen of Hearts dress, of course!! :)
      Hadn't thought about that one - thank you! **

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Did you make kinda net first or you're just super girl with a good eye?)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha - you're awesome! I wish I had a good eye. I think it was just having the time to take it slow ;)

      Delete
  6. Bessed indeed! with a saint's patience and a doctor's pulse ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe - thank you, hun! :D

      Delete
  7. This is wonderful. I love the colour combinations and you've done it so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Claire!! :D

      Delete
  8. I can't believe this is freehand! So awesome, and great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much, Cait! :D

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. :))
      Happy you think so, Marieta!

      Delete
  10. This is great, clean lines and the colour combination is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie!! :D
      Really happy you liked them! **

      Delete
  11. You have such beautiful, long nails! :)
    Love it!

    Raquel*
    The Pineapple Spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, Raquel!! :)
      Your nails are pretty cute, too!! Loved your blog!**

      Delete
  12. Yes, definitely worth the time! looks gorgeous Mina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey!!! :D
      Thank you, Char! Really glad you liked these! :D

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...