Tuesday, May 21, 2013

TPC - Round 9: Now I'm All Flowers

What can I say? I'm really enjoying the Flower Challenge and I'm getting more and more excited as I find maybe I'm not so bad at drawing ;)

So, today, for the first Tri-Polish Challenge of the month of May, I bring you... flowers :D






See? They're really simply flowers ;)
After yesterday's tulips, I wanted something less overpowering. Don't get me wrong, I looooooooved them, but whenever I wear something busy on my nails one day, I then need something less eyecatching.
I know this isn't exactly it, but... you get my idea ;)




Ok, then, this month's theme colours are blue, red and grey.
I chose to be my partners this month:
blue - Coral Matt Effect 406
red - Serenna No.002
grey - Kiko No.328




For this really simply design,. I started with two layers of Serenna No.002, a most gorgeous bright red, very summery, and very easy to apply with a fast drying finish.
I then went with the same technique as for drawing clouds, except I didn't go as high :)
I began with Kiko No.328 for some outline of the petals and then did the same with Coral Matt 406.




Last but not least, I picked up my Kiss SPA12 Black striper to outline where the petals were and with Kiss SPA02 White I did some light reflexes for some dimension (talking like I'm a pro, when I'm really not is fun! hahaha).
To complete the whole look, I did the center of the flower using Inglot 223, a most gorgeous golden shade.



How do you feel about this one? I thought I'd have some problems with this month's colours but I'm having a lot of ideas already (no, not all of them involve flowers, don't worry ;)).

Hope you liked this one - it is sure to keep my day bright and gay :) - let me know down below and don't forget to check all the other designs! :D


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

27 comments:

  1. Amazing. It gives your nails an interesting 3D effect :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe - thank you! I think it's all the layers of polish doing that ;)

      Delete
  2. Aww how pretty! I wouldn't exactly call these "not eyecatching", but they're cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooooowwww - hahaha - but what can I do? I like it all fun and bright! ;)

      Delete
  3. I really like this mani! I totally see flowers but I also see art deco. So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you nice comment, Stefanie :D
      It's a bit art deco indeed and I love that it was so easy to accomplish! Glad you liked it same as I did **

      Delete
  4. I love this, they're beautiful. The red works perfectly as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emma, for your lovely comment. It's a gorgeous shade of red indeed! :D

      Delete
  5. Thank you Joanna - it's what I like best about them: simple to do! :D
    Really happy you liked them also **

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really pretty floral design and I think the colors make it feel very fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - so happy you like it! The colours do make it pop out! :D

      Delete
  7. I love the colours you used in this design. Strong yet subtle. I might try to do something red and grey too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww ... that's such a compliment! Thank you so much, Maria :)) **

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, Irmak, and welcome aboard! :D

      Delete
  9. Ohhhh, these are amazing :) I see you go with the flower flow :D haha. I am loving how the flowers are contrasting with this gorgeous red color. You have done amazing with these colors. Mine is coming soon and its a bit of c**p...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flower power is in me! :D
      Thank you for your awesome comment and don't say that about your mani - it is quite lovely and cute! **

      Delete
  10. I love the flowers at the tips such a brilliant idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Char! It felt good wearing them today! **

      Delete
  11. I love this absolutely stunning :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much, Joanne! Happy you liked them :D

      Delete
  12. OMG estão perfeitas!!!!!

    Http://styleloveandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. :) Thank you, Anastasia **

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...