Monday, May 20, 2013

My Favourite Flowers





... are Tulips. I know it, my parents know it, BF knows it, friends know it, and now you know it too, so... pretty much everybody knows it ;)

Considering then it's my favourite flower, one would suppose I know how to draw them, right? Well, with a pen or a pencil, yes, I do.
With a brush made out of an old striper... eh.... let's just call them wild tulips, shall we? ;)




Thumbsies up - I've chose this picture, with all them blurry digits, because sometimes I feel thumbs should get more appreciated and that's that! :)




All nails have a base colour of Rimmel London Lemon Drop, apart from my accent nail, which carries two coats of Perfect Lady No.22.
The accent nail is a pair of enamored tulips - I'm a sucker for romance, what can I do? ;)



I won't go into further details on all the polishes I used, just because they were a lot, trust me!
I went for a glittery grass tip, just because one's favourite flowers deserve a bit of fancy glamour - hahaha - and the tulips were made both in red with a mixture of shimmery pink and in yellow with a mixture of orange.


 

Finally,  I just want to show you the matte version, just because matte is awesome. :D
Which do you prefer? The shiny version or the matte one?


Make sure you let me know down in the comments below (I find it so cute that this rhymes hahaha) and btw, do tell me what your favourite flowers are :)

Here's a bit of sunshine for you - no rain around these parts today - and don't forget to check the other ladies' creations for this challenge!


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *



Carmina from Cubbiful

Nicole from Dipped in Lacquer



Paulina from Paulina’s Passions

Kristina from Polish and Repeat

Rachael from Rachos Nail Love


Yohana from Beauty-Shoes-Nails-Fun



31 comments:

  1. Hi Mina! These are gorgeous :) So abstract and just simply amazing :) If tulips are your favorite flowers, you should come to Holland to see tulip fields. It's amazing :) Oh, and I love matter version <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha - now you know why I called them 'wild'. I just HAD TO make them abstract: drawing skills not yet perfected ;)
      But thank you, you're a darling! And, yes, I definitely ought to trake a trip to Holland to feast my eyes on those wonderful tulip fields! :D

      ps. matte does make everything better! **

      Delete
    2. I forgot to add how brilliant is the glitter you add to the grass.and your drawing skills are fine. You should get some thin brushes. They make things easier.
      And if you are ever in Holland, please give me a shout. I would be happy to show you some tulip fields :)

      Delete
    3. Yey! happy you liked the glittery effect :D
      I want to buy good brushes that'll last me some time and because I've been on a budget lately I haven't yet bought them. They're def on the list though and some acrylic paint as well! ;)
      Awww... you're so sweet! When I get to Holland (for I definitely will do so someday), I won't just give you a shout, I'll buy you a good cuppa tea and we'll talk polish (not Polish) for an afternoon! <3

      Delete
    4. Oh, that sounds like a great idea :) Would be lovely to meet you in person <3
      I have only two brushes and that's all I use. But I think I will go to my local art store and see what they have there. I think you can get better quality in the art store.

      Delete
    5. Awww - same feeling here! **
      As for the brushes, that's why I haven't bought them yet - art stores tend towards expensive ;)

      Delete
  2. Amazing!! I think you did a brilliant job here and I just love the mattified version. A real work of art x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thank you! These are surely keeping me smiling as I can't stare away from them haha :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. yey!!! happy you liked these! Thank you :D

      Delete
  4. I'm just crazy bout flower designs lately and I found this! Oh this is just beautiful! Those tulips are very well made!! I hope I can make it too. And of course, matte always make everything better. Hehe, overall, I love your design :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thank you so much for your sweet comment! Best thing about it: got to meet your blog: will be on the lookout for your recreation ;)

      Delete
  5. Yep. Divine. Well done. 5 stars!
    ****
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if I like the matt or the shiny version better... all I know is that I like the tulips!! Those are such pretty flowers.. I live in Amsterdam though so there is a lot of tulips around me.. I guess my favourite flowers would be peonies :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheh - thank you, Eva. I can't make up my mind either but my nails are loving to rock these tulips, so I'm quite happy you like them as well :D
      And peonies are also quite lovely - so feminine! **

      Delete
  7. Such pretty tulip nails! Tulips are my mom's favorite flower :)
    I think I prefer this mani glossy though, makes the tulips shine more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. Your Mom has very good taste :D
      The shiny topcoat does indeed give it another dimension! **

      Delete
  8. Ansioso por ver as papoilas.
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely nails, so fun and bright! Tulips are one of my favourite flowers, but I like lilacs even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilacs are also the prettiest thing :) Thank you for your (always) nice comment. These were great to wear! **

      Delete
  10. Estas unhas estão qualquer coisa de espectacular, lindas :)
    Parecem mesmo um quadro :D
    Beijocas grandes***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - obrigada! Um quadro? Grande elogio! :D
      *beijinho

      Delete
  11. Aww that's really lovely! I might wanna copy that in the near future. I'll link to this post then. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! That's a great compliment! Thank you so much and please share when you attempt this - I'd love to see it! :D

      Delete
    2. thank you, sweetie :)

      Delete
  12. Thank you so much, Joanna Reda :D

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...