Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Donald Duck

... joins us on another trip down memory lane. Today's mani was prepared a while ago, when I was running out of inspiration.

Luckily there's deviantART, where artists with far more creativity than yours truly display their work to the entertainment and inspiration of many.

This manicure was inspired by this drawing of Donal Duck, by darren72.


 

You might be asking why I kept such a cutie out of sight for so long. But thruth is... I don't think I did the original that much justice. 
Actually I'm still divided whether I like this mani all that much. Which is why I need your help.
Have a look:




Yes, kawaii strikes again!! ;)




I just wish I'd manage to make this little cutie pie truer to its original.
I feel like I did a chunkier body and also that I didn't manage the tiny details all that well.
My lines aren't as defined as I'd have them, either but...





From afar one doesn't notice it as much, right?
Altogether I actually like the mani but if only I'd done a better job, hey? ;)
I used Rimmel London Lemon Drop as base and dotted it with Coral Matt Effect No.401.
To finish it with, I used the saran wrap method using Bellaoggi Sunshine Yellow on top of the dots to make them subtle.





Donald Duck was all done in acrylic paints and a whole lot of pacience ;)


And now I need your honest opinion - how do you find these? Yay or nay?
Let me know down in the comment section, if you please ;) and take care!


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *



PS. I've been reading all your precious sweet comments on each post - you lovelies totally rock. 
I haven't replied them yet but be certain I will, as soon as my holidays finish and I go back to my work routine ;) 
Thank you so much for always stopping by and for making me feel like my manis are special to you, too <3

8 comments:

  1. I really like the method you used your the yellow nails. I have to remember this and try it sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Frankie! ;) Would love to see that :)

      Delete
  2. These are adorable! I think you did a great job recreating Donald (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much! Really glad you liked them :)

      Delete
  3. This is adorable! You did a great job with the recreation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy O. - glad you think so, sweetie :)

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...