Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Caviar Swirls

... sounds like a fancy exciting name and all but I'm not too happy with today's manicure.

Can't exactly put my finger on where the problem lies, but it's either in the polish shade, the photography or the caviar swirls... don't know, I just feel like this is some kind of a miss.

I wanted elegant with a touch of unusual and all I got was this:






See what I mean?...
Just... meh!




I've used Essie Lacy Not Racy - it's not the kind of shade I use much, so I thought I'd give it a go, to make for a change of all the blues and greens and yellows ;)




But I don't much like this polish - I've got three coats on but you can still see how uneven the coverage is :(
And the swirls are not too clear, maybe because of the 3D effect from the caviar beads.
Oh no, not happy at all...





Oh well, not all can be perfection and quite on the spot to our liking, I guess ;)
Tomorrow will be better - that's what I gotta focus on!


Let me know, nonetheless, how you feel about these and if you consider wearing these, mind you the caviar beads, standing alone like this will fall off quite easily (and quickly). Just so you know ;)


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

6 comments:

  1. I like the sophisticated look combined with the edginess! The colors work so well together :) Love this burgundy polish from Essie (too bad about the formula tho...). And I think the swirl shows great on your thumb <3 Give yourself some credit sweetie :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support, sweetie! I needed it ;)

      Delete
  2. These are great!! Must have taken some time to place each individual bead on too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, a bit, yes, but you don't even notice when you're having fun - just wished they looked better ;)

      Delete
  3. I want to pick at your nails, and peel off every single beed! #OCD lol :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahhaha! I understand the feeling 100% ;)

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...