Saturday, October 05, 2013

31DC2013 - Day 12: Stripes? Flower Wallpaper!

I cracked my head open, prying for ideas to this theme. I couldn't find them then and I still couldn't get to them today. 

The mani I'm presenting you for the stripes theme, as you'll see, has little of stripes to it. But since the idea behind it was stripes I'm calling it quits and going with this one - done! :D





See what I  mean when I say I don't know if these qualify for stripes? ;)
I still absolutely love them and thought it would be too bad on me not showing them to you




I started on a pearly baby pink base colour, using Bellaoggi Pearl Rose (No.18).
I then proceeded to make three stripes with a white striper: a bold fat middle stripe and two thin ones sideways to it.




With my thinnest nail art brush I then dotted the red flowers. And using red and green acrylic paints I dotted the thin sideways stripes.




Last, but not least, I did a green vine intertwined with the red flowers - as you can see, I'm not quite done with Summer yet, Mr. Autumn ;)
Plus, it was sunny around these parts today, so I had to take advantage of the flowery and spring like mood <3



Let me know in the comment section if you think these count for stripes or if I cheated on the theme ;)

Hope you've had a super Saturday - have fun tonight, lovelies! - and I'll be seeing you all tomorrow :)


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

11 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! I love that delicate pink ^-^
    You bring me a bit of sun in my day, thank you! I have a black cloud over me... it has followed me back home from the site I was working in! ahaha
    Have a happy weekend
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... thank you so much for your comment that made me feel so good! :D
      Happy you liked it and hope that site you were working on turned out just the way you wanted it to ;)

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty and feminine. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your technique. And yes I think they qualify.you have lots of stripes within the manicure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, Debra, for such a nice comment! :)
      Happy you liked these **

      Delete
  3. This really looks like walpapers!! )) I will never be done with flowers so I forgive you !)))))) And stripes, I think, yes, it counts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, true enough: flowers are gorgeous to have on your nails! ;)
      Thank you for letting me know these count as stripes - I wasn't too sure ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow love the detail- so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - really glad you think so, hun!! :D

      Delete
  5. Awww - thank you so, so much, Joanna! :D

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...