Monday, May 06, 2013

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue






... I did this different, but I still love you! :)

Welcome to the very first day of Flowers For Mom Nail Art Challenge, hosted by sweet Paulina from Paulina's Passions! <3

And today it's rOSES for mom! :)
And as I didn't want any of the red roses stuff, I made them... violet ;)






I started off with a base made from Catrice Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans (No.350).





I then blobbed away some rough circles using Kiko Lilac 330.




I added dimension to the roses, using a dark purple - Kiko Magnetic Purple 704 - and a light blue - Kiko Light Blue 340.




To finish the rose manicure, of course I had to add some green leaves and I did that using Golden Rose Nail Art Striper 104. I chose neon green otherwise the mani would just look too dark and... well I had to make it pop somehow ;)


I'm not 100% happy with how these turned out and I think I've done better - however you know how headaches can be a pain and last night the nail muses just weren't doing it for me :(

Dont' forget to let me know what you think about them and make sure you check all the other ladie's lovely roses, to brighten up this Monday :)


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *



Carmina from Cubbiful

Nicole from Dipped in Lacquer



Paulina from Paulina’s Passions

Kristina from Polish and Repeat

Rachael from Rachos Nail Love

Yohana from Beauty-Shoes-Nails-Fun

22 comments:

  1. thank you so much maRyya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful, I love how you used the blue with the purple to give it more depth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww - so glad you liked it! Thank you! **

      Delete
  3. Very cute, and an original way to do roses! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww - thank you so much for your sweet comment **

      Delete
  4. These are beautiful :) I like that you have done something different. Lovely base, gorgeous purple roses. Simply amazing <3 And don't let the headaches get to you. I have the same problem and I know it's no fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like them! I wanted something nice and different to start your challenge with something nice ;)
      Damn the headaches, we kick them out with the fumes of nail polish! oh yeah! ;)

      Delete
  5. Not a 100%???? I can't imagine what 100% means!! these are perfect!!! and lovely! :)
    great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - that's really nice of you - thank you so much!**

      Delete
  6. Love, love, love!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you - so sweet of you **

      Delete

  7. Nice blog. follow you.

    please follow me :))
    www.beautyandfashion-makeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ibolya - your blog seems nice: keep it up! :)

      Delete
  8. These are so cute! I love the colour combo, it's something different.
    (And I'm so excited that you like Sherlock :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed you! ;) Thank you for your sweet comment **
      (Yes! All thanks to your advertising ;) thank youuuu <3)

      Delete
    2. I was away for a few days and had no Internet - and my home Internet is spotty too. But I'm back now!

      Delete
  9. Very pretty! I like the colors you picked :) Kisses

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your nice comment, Cristina! Happy you liked it :D
      kisses 4 u too**

      Delete
  10. love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...