Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I Caught Me A Pair Of Fishies!

I went for the fishtail design again! Stubborn till the end, oh yes! :)
And to make the challenge even juicier, I decided I'd do it on my Cinderella hand as well! Two in a row! Bam!

And although I do have some more to improve, I think I got more or less the hang of it already :) I'd say the (essential) trick is to wait in between layers - you gotta be real patient if you want your nails purty, purty, purty! :D


And for you to truly judge how happy I got with my nails, today is Cinderella hand featuring! I'm also bet on getting ambidextrous - hahaha!




Cuuuuute! :)
I wanted real bold colours as on Sunday I went with pastels, so I chose for my base colour Ciaté Kiss Chase, a lovely deep bubblegum bordering on neon kind of pink. It applies smoothly and one coat would be enough for full opacity and gorgeous nails, hadn't I been a perfectionist ;)




I didn't apply two coats on my middle and ring fingers though, for they were about to get into some serious layering business and I didn't want to end up with my nails looking too thick - yuck!
I used Rimmel London Peppermint (500) and Zoya Malia for the fishtail design.




And here are my baby digits, making me real proud of today's manicure! :)
I know there's a lot to improve still and definitely lots and lots of room to grow, but considering I used gel pens to draw on my nails when I first attempted this design, and considering this was done with my non-dominant hand, I think I can say: 'Not bad!' ;)


What do you think? Does this one qualify for the successful manis folder? ;)
Tell me what you think in the comments below and make sure you check tomorrow's mani for the Tri-Polish Challenge :)


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

9 comments:

  1. I love this one!! I've been wanting to try the fishtail mani for awhile, but haven't gotten up the courage yet. The colors look gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie! :) It really was my first time so your comment means a lot!! :D

      Delete
  2. This os gorgeous. there is a fishtail challenge coming for different shades of blue. you are gonna do great! I've never done fishtail before and I'm afraid haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuu **
      I hope I'll do better than this one - am feeling at least more confident!
      Oh, and I'm sure you'll nail it, as always :)
      I'm so excited for tomorrow's Rufian Look - have been having a lot of ideas: hope it turns out good enough ;)

      Delete
  3. So pretty!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your motivation!! That's why they came out kind of cool :D

      Delete
  4. That turned out great! Yay for ambidextrousness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be able to find good advice from your blog articles.


    My web blog ... graduate certificates

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...