Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What's in a Ruffian?!

... that which we call a mani, by any other name would look as sweet.

haha - silly joke, nevermind, still feeling the after effects of a very nasty stomache business ;)

Anyway, what i want to say is that it took me quite a while to understand why it's called a Ruffian Manicure - i'm not into the whole fashion craze world and ruffian to me meant either a horse breed or a synonym for thug :)

But alas the polish world keeps teaching me things and it appears that Ruffian is a New York label from designers Wolk and Morais, which have introduced the mani design on a runway look for 2010 Fall collection.

While I really loved this look and its simplicity (though you have to be quite accurate to make it work), I think it tends to make your tips look shorter and fatter than they really are. 

Trust me, my nails are meddium size but from the pictures I'll show you, you wouldn't think so. 
So, if your nails are quite long, do give this a try for it looks good, it feels good and it comes with many matching possibilities! If not... well, you can still rock it, but don't say I didn't tell you so :))




I decided to go with black (because you can never go wrong with a classic) and chose Purple Professional N0. 18 for its lovely one coat coverage.
I had never tried this mani before and didn't want to start with too many layers right at the beginning.



I then decided on one of my Anny's favourite shades: No.405 Top of Emotion for the tips.
I applied two coats not only to make sure perfect coverage was achieved, but also because I had to clean up a few edges on some nails :)




Overall, I think I did good and it's surely a look I'll choose many more times in the future.
This is a shot in the yellowy morning sun - can't seem to get it right with lightning and photos :/



And this is a shot late afternoon: it's like my skin has gone paler - hahaha ;)


What do you think of this look? Would you go for it? Have you already?
Let me know below - I am more than happy when you share your experiences with me! :)

And that's all, folks! See you tomorrow for another one! :)

Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

4 comments:

  1. Gosto muito!
    eu já fiz umas quantas vezes mas costumo fazer com mais espaço entre uma camada e outra (se é que me faço perceber :P)

    beijinhos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tenho de experimentar também ;) Desta vez, como era a primeira, quis uma coisa mais discreta hehe
      *beijinhos

      Delete
  2. A Anny vale o que custa? bjs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Anny vale tão o que custa! I MEAN IT! Este azul dá-te cobertura total com UMA camada! E duram-te sem lascar uns 3 dias, na boa (com banhos, lavares de loiças, incluindo panelas ;))

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...