Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I'll Take you To The Antique Shop

.... and I'll show you what I got ;)

Sorry, silly moment enjoyed - but I just had to say it that way.
Whenever my eyes get even if a tiny glimpse of my nails, that's the feeling I get :)

I finally (FINALLY) succeeded in using the foil with a technique I saw and researched for in so many blogs and YT tutorials I can't do with thanking just one or two specific people but have to thank everyone out there for helping me out with this :D

So... THANK YOU! <3

I didn't use them on my whole nail but then again the effect was so grand (for me at least) that I think foil looks better used this way - hehehe - how convenient ;)








And so simple that this was! All I did was apply two coats of black, using Purple Professional No.18.
Then I waited for it to dry for about 45min - I wanted to be sure there'd be no smudges nor marks - and after dabbing clear polish on some parts only, I settled the foils on those.
Then for some quick movement when taking it off and voilà! :)













I know this might seem a weird mani choice seeing it is summer and all but the truth is the weather has changed back to being stup*d again :(
It's cloudy, windy and plain unpleasant outside - the sun makes an appearance now and again but not enough!

Oh bummer! One can always arrange pretty nails to look at! ;)

Let me know if you liked these and tell me about your experience with foil - do you like them? Can you deal with it? :)


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

20 comments:

  1. How nice can this look!!! So cool the effect you got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeyy! I'm also quite happy with how they turned out - thank you for your nice comment! :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, maRyya! Happy you think they're beautiful! :D

      Delete
  3. I luuuurve them! And I actually have some foil waiting for me at home, I just need to do this! :D I hope mine will turn out as good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course they will! Go get it and do something amazing!! :D
      Can't wait to see them ;)

      Delete
  4. So pretty :) I haven't tried foil before.
    Have a great day Mina ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Irmak and have a great day yourself, sweetie!
      You should try foil - when you actually nail it it's such a cool effect :)

      Delete
  5. Very cool Mina!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I like it :) They really look antique :) Congrats on succeeding with the foil. I have never tried this technique before, but I can imagine that it can be a pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's maybe a pain 'cause I'm such a noob - hahaha
      But at least this one I could manage ;) Do try it, hun, I'm sure you'll love the cool effect :D

      Delete
  7. Stunning, I think black and gold is one of the best combos ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like a simple, yet elegant nail art ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel quite elegant indeed heheh :)
      Thank you so much**

      Delete
    2. I agree with Bunny Nails :)
      Did navy nails with a gold crackle effect for a first date and he noticed them straight away, good choice!
      Haven't had a go at foiling yet, did you get it first time round?

      Delete
    3. hahaha - I'm sure it was an awesome date then ;)
      My first go at foiling was terrible horrible! ;(
      And this is just dabbing the foil really in little pieces, so it's kind of a cheat, but let's call it a first step instead :D

      Delete
  9. Ooh I do love this effect. I haven't tried it yet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Char! I think it would look absolutely gorgeous on your long nails - go for it! ;)

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...