Saturday, May 18, 2013

When Uninspired...

... go for bloggers who know what they're doing ;)

And today I did something I saw at Rina's amazing blog, Simply Rins.

She said she wanted her Broken Lines to look like rain, and since the weather's been playing tricks on us here in Lisbon and it's actualy been raining, I thought I'd give it a go, with my own twist to it :)

She used acrylic paint, but seeing I don't have any, I just stick to my trustworthy nail stripers - yes, they're back! muhahaha ;)

Check it out:






:)
It's how this mani is making me feel today - smiley.
Which considering the weather and a couple other things, is pretty amazing :)
Do you also get happy encouraging feelings from your manis?




I went for a different base colour - like Rina, I also sometimes feel orange doesn't agree with my skin much.
I used Inglot O2M No.665, a really bright mint green, perfect in two effortless layers.




I then took a sponge and dabbed just the tip of my thumb and ring finger with Inglot No.223.
Next: stripers! :)
I did all the 'rain drops' with white first, using Kiss SPA02 White and then went ahead with the rest of the colours, still leaving some white ones, though:

Pink - Golden Rose No.103
Orange - Golden Rose No.102
Blue - Golden Rose No.116
Purple - Golden Rose No.128




Tchanan! Final look! :)
What do you think? Was I able to do Rina's design some justice?
I sure hope so!


Let me know what you think down in the comment section below and keep your fingers crossed with me for some Spring weather! ;)


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *


ps. Can you tell I don't know what I'm doing with my blog signature? I'm not happy with it and I might be changing it. I also don't like to see it next to my fingers and/or nails, so today I went and put it in the photo, rather than next to the nail design. I need your opinion!!! ;)

27 comments:

  1. simple and cute I love them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! happy you liked them! :D

      Delete
  2. Tens de deixar como marca d'água.
    R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a ver se depois o meu designer favorito me ajuda... ;) <3

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Josephine - you made me :D

      Delete
  4. This is amazing!

    Thank you very much for the mention. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you SO much! It means a lot that you liked it.
      As for mentioning you - one has to give credit where it's due: your blog is amazing and your talent deserves acknowledgement :))

      Delete
  5. It sure looks bright! Love that mint! Mina, get some acrylics (at Jumbo for ex) cause they're so easy to work on and give you more color options lol! Go now xD I think I never inspired feelings from my nails (at least to me) Kisses :)

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) It's a wonderful polish in all aspects :)
      And guess who's going to receive a visit from me! You're def right - it's about time I get some acrylic paint! :) Thank you so much for your helful comment - you rock! **

      Delete
  6. I am so in love with that bright mint base from Inglot! next time I'm in poland I'm getting a big supply of Inglot polishes. since its a Polish brand, they are so much cheaper than here. And I love the whole design and how you are obsessing with stripes <3 and I also like putting my watermark on the photo rather than on my fingers (but on the downside, this makes it easier for thieves to remove the watermark). But I like it anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with all of Inglot's polishes - pity they're not that cheap ;)
      hahaha - I am indeed obssessed with stripes ;) - glad you like it though, despite the obssession
      Right... watermarks and blog signatures and thieves - ufff! Better not to think about those :)

      Delete
  7. wow love it, it looks like watercolour brushes!!
    have a nice week :)

    Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Ester (love your name :))
      Glad to have 'met' your blog and great week for you too **

      Delete
  8. Ai está uma ideia simples, mas super gira :D
    Beijocas grandes***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tens toda a razão: simples mas tão fácil de conseguir! ;)
      beijinhos*

      Delete
  9. I just stumbled across your blog thanks to Simply Rins FB entry. I did a very similar design. Blog post will be up next week. :D
    Keep up with your awesome blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simply Rins is just fabulous and a great source for inspiration! Am really glad you liked this one and can't wait to see your mani! Thank you for such an awesome comment and welcome aboard! :D

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...