Friday, December 18, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Traditions, Day 3: Peppermint Cane Nail Art

http://cubbiful.blogspot.pt/2013/01/review-policy-for-public-relations.htmlHello, lovelies!
If you're noticing the double posting tonight, you've also noticed I'm behind on my Digit-al Dozen challenge and nothing makes sadder (or angrier - lo! the high standards we set for ourselves!).

But sometimes life has a way to say 'I'm still in charge' and that's when we all have to play it by hear.

Anyway (so philosophical, Mina!), I'm catching up tomorrow but for today I bring you my Day 3: Peppermint Canes.

Peppermint Cane Nail Art

And the story to these nails goes as follows - I've got a baby sister, whom I love dearly.
And it's been some years now that I made it a tradition to, on top of all the other presents, gift my sister a box, a stocking, a bag (it changes every year) filled with candy.



Peppermint Cane Nail Art

I couldn't think of a more festive candy than peppermint candy canes, so that's what I did.
I started by applying two coats of the gorgeous Celestial Mughal Emperor on my nails.
I then freehanded the white and red stripes in opposites directions on all the nails.



Peppermint Cane Nail Art

I completed the look with one coats of Polish Alcoholic Shooting Stars, a most gorgeous holo glitter topper.
It was the final touch needed, don't you think? :)


Let me know what you think and check the ladies' fabulous looks below.


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

9 comments:

  1. Really nice peppermint candy nails. I love the story behind the nails too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.... love it 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! And what a nice story and tradition. You must miss your sister so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you and your sister have such a sweet (literally!) tradition! I think this looks perfect and you are absolutely right, the holo topper really did finish this manicure off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The holo topper is a great addition indeed, makes it that much more finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how recognizable these are! And how sweet of you that you've done that for your sister each year - perhaps I'll start a similar tradition for my own sister! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I can't even... That green color looks great on you and paired with White and red stripes makes for such a festive nail art! I love that you always choose such bold designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look super adorable! The Polish Alcoholic topper really adds the finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these super cute candy stripes! The glitter on top just brings it all together.

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...