Today's post will be a quick one, I just feel like I've got to say a few things.
I'd never tried the brand before but I've always admired the range of colours and the gorgeous swatches I'd seen, so I was quite amped up about finally wearing one on my own nails (thank you, Paulina, for the sweet gift).
Spell Polish A Spell for Floating is a gorgeous metallic duochrome that ranges from gold to rose gold.
Positive Points about it:
(1) this is a 5-Free nail polish brand;
(2) the polish bottle is a beauty and the logo is probably one of my favourite from brands out there, it's just that pretty;
(3) for a metallic finish kind of nail polish, there's very little brush strokes noticeable, which I like and thank for;
(4) the colour is a pretty one and looks nude-ish and quite discreet on my nails, which makes it very office appropriate (you can't say that of all metallic duochromes);
(5) the duochrome effect is right there in your face, I didn't even have to go for weird hand poses to capture it, so double points on that one.
Now for the Not So Positive Points about this polish, which go down to just one thing really: the unpleasant chemical smell.
While removing the cap you can't help but notice it straight away and I'd say it's quite a strange, off-putting even, smell for a 5-Free product.
I certainly didn't antecipate such a 'hazardous' smell, if you know what I mean.
So, I'm kinda curious to know what your experience has been with this brand so far.
Have you tried it before? What were your expectations/thoughts on it?
Hugs & Kissies,
after feedback on the comments below (including from Spell Polish itself), I'd say this must be a bottle prior to their formula change.
This means all polishes released after over a little a year ago won't have this smell issue, so that's good to hear!
Maybe I should buy myself some, hey? Any suggestions?