Sunday, March 01, 2015

Bird Stamping Nails for Polisher's Inc. Favourite Music

This Sunday's nail art challenge from Polisher's Inc. was to create nails to match my favourite music.

This one was kinda tricky for me as I love all types of music (as long as it's not trash metal or folklore music).
I also didn't have a favourite song to guide me as those vary - we change through time and so does our taste.

So, I chose to represent how music makes me feel instead:



Bird stamping nails over a pastel gradient



Music is quite liberating, hence the little birds.
It lifts us up when we're down, it keeps us company if we're deeply sad, it makes us wanna dance our sock off when we're happy, so, yeah... music is liberating :)


flormar beauty toys

I started by making a sky soft gradient, using two pastel shades: Flormar Beauty Toys BT01 Cookie Monster and Flormar Beauty Toys BT04 Purr Cat.
I do love how it came out - the perfect background for my birds.



Bird stamping nails over a pastel gradient


I did the birds with stamping plate BP-24 and Inglot O2M No.692.
It's not perfect stamping, I know, but I quite like the end result nonetheless.



How about you? What's your favourite music? And what does music represent to you?

Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is a color combo made in heaven ❤ I think I might have to steal your idea really soon, haha. I love how you interpreted the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pretty gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite beautiful, and it makes me think of floating through the air and light as a feather - both things that music makes me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that gradient is perfect, and I LOVE the birdies. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely design and I can relate to the image and the feeling of freedom it represents. Music makes me feel a sense of space ... I love how it pushes everything else out and I just have to focus on the sound only.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful gradient and the design looks alive in whole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You described it so well, sweetie - that's exactly what I meant with liberating! And it's also so soothing. Happy you liked and could relate to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, sweetie!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, hun - gradients always make a statement on their own ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, John *

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay! That makes two of us, sweetie - sometimes I even forget I'm not that good a dancer, but that's how light happy music makes me feel haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, lovely *

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, ma luv! :) And you'd totally take it to another level, I just know, so go for it! As for the theme... yeah.. it was the only way I could find inspiration ;) heheh

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...