Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Mermaid Nails Inspired By @missmindful

It looks like I decided this would be an 'inspired-by' week.
Or, if you would, I finally decided to make some use of my Screenshot Folder, instead of saving all its pictures for 'later'.

Today's mani is a recreation of a drawing by @missmindful (you can also follow her on Facebook).
I love her adorable and quirky designs and I have probably a ton of her drawings on my folder, waiting to be recreated on my nails.



nail art inspired by @missmindful



I actually had some difficulty choosing which one to go for, which is why my sister did it for me ;)
She said I just had to paint this one.



mermaid nails inspired by @missmindful


I started by painting all my nails white - I used Inocos Pico for that.



mermaid nails kawaii style


I then took my acrylic paints and a very fine detailed brush and began by painting the outline of the cutest jellyfish you'll ever encounter ;)



kawaii nail art


While waiting for that to dry, I did all the dots and star-fishes (?).
And only then did I coloured each jelly fish and drew a heart inside them.



kawaii mermaid nails


I left lil' Mermaid for last, simply because I knew it would be the hardest - I'm terrible when it comes to painting faces and expressions, so that was definitely a challenge.



jellyfishes and mermaid nails


I also tried the matte version but, honestly, I much prefer the shiny one :)
The colours come out more vibrant and vivacious that way ;)



Let me know how well you think I recreated this cute piece of art by @missmindful and if you like her art enough to have it around your house (I sure do), here's her online shop :)



Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

3 comments:

  1. You recreated these amazingly well! Its so fun and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful! And you should not fear painting faces, because this cute mermaid looks beautiful. Amazing job sweetie. And thank you for introducing me to @missmindful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nail design came out so mysterious and lovely in the same time. Your sister choose a great inspiration picture!

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...