Friday, January 17, 2014

Gradient Plaid Almost A Year Later!

After yesterday's mani my brain was feeling kind of dead and wasn't helping me come up with ideas for a new manicure - it happens to me sometimes, after an 'intense' nail art mani; I feel overwhelmed hahaha ;)

So, yesterday I went and dived in my Fail folder - do you have one, too?
My Fail folder is the one that carries all my failed manis that I've never ever showed you and, unless I'm in a mood to mock myself in public, probably  never will ;)

I was going through it when I stopped at a manicure I'd done of a plaid mani I'd seen over at Nailed It (she's just plain awesome!) and was obssessing about (this one here).

And because I'm a brave girl, I'm going to show it to you right now ;)





This one happened in May (check out the old watermark and all), around the time I was obssessing with nail art stripers - remember this one?
At the time I thought it didn't look good enough and I didn't post it - even though now that I look at it, it's actually not that bad ;)


Anyway, and long story short!, I decided to go for it today again and even though I ended up with something completely different, this was the original idea, ok? ;)

I just got... carried away - let's see it, then:




Ta-da!
Completely different, hey? ;)




I started by making a gradient with two different mint green shades: Miyo Menta (no.43) and Anny Green Meets Mint (no.379)




I then applied Essence Night in Vegas - I wanted just a touch of sparkle, but not glittery sparkle, so I went with flakies instead :)
I then did the plaid pattern using my Flormar Nail Art NA12 in black.




It looked pretty cool on its own already but then I couldn't resist and added two crossed white lines.
Now, I'm showing you this baby because he's the one that allowed me such thin stripes - that and I was really concentranting ;)



This is Flormar Nail Art NA01 by the way (and some flakie gorgeousness despite the absence of sun :))



Pardon me for such a late post but I've been getting better and better at procrastinating, apparently - shame.on.me!
Hope you're doing good and that you've had a fab Friday (yay! it's the weekend!) and I'll see you tomorrow! ;)


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

6 comments:

  1. It looks like a great plaid manicure to me! Its pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! You just made me :)

      Delete
  2. I love these so much, Mina. I may steal the idea from you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jolène and please do!!! You always do such amazing manis! :D
      I'd feel sooo honoured <3

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Your gradient looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sweetie :D
      I'm trying to focus on gradients to make them better ;)

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...