Monday, July 15, 2013

Another Competition!

... for Sophie in My Awesome Beauty :)

If you follow me on Facebook you already know what the theme was: splatter nails!

I have to confess it was my first time attempting the whole technique and, phew!, what a messy one it is!

I grabbed a latex glove, cut the tips and wore it to try and protect my hands in the best way possible (check a picture here) but I still had a lot of cleanup to do!
My nail Lord, the patience! ;)

Still, I think it turned out pretty, although next time I'll try to make nicer colour combinations :)

Have a look:




After cleaning up it does look cute, hey? ;)
I used OPI Alpine Snow as the base colour and splattered blue (Bellaoggi No.38), green (Bellaoggi No.36), pink (Bellaoggi No.20) and yellow (Coral Neon No.604).



I still felt there was something missing, so I added some framing... :))





I picked up my Kiss SPA12 Black striper and added some frame lines to make as if the splatter on each nail was some sort of abstract painting.
They're not completely straight because this technique does leave a bumpy texture on your nails so yeah... :(





What do you think? Do I stand a chance this time in the competition?




You can check all the gorgeous designs here. There are truly some awesome ones :D
And, of course, feel free to express your opinion on yours truly design over on Sophie's blog as well ;)



PS. I'm back for good! Holidays are over and I'm back to work. So, you can rely on daily posting from me again and rest assured: I'm full with awesome mani ideas, so hang around <3


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *






2 comments:

  1. Great idea about the framing!! Looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anastasia! Really glad you liked the framing - I wasn't too sure about it ;)

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...