Monday, May 27, 2013

You Give Me Butterflies

... which, we'll all agree it's a good feeling! :)

Yesterday was a lovey-dovey day and I was very much still in the mood this morning to do my manicure (don't ask what time I woke up and I won't say).





So, as today's Flowers For Mom Nail Art Challenge said I had to get Mom some wild flowers with birds/insects, I chose butterflies :D (Do they count a insects?)

I'm not a painter neither a drawer, you know that by now, but I found this superb tutorial and decided it was perfect for what I wanted ;)

It didn't come out as neat but I'm actually pretty happy with the whole look. Check it out:






I changed the base colour and went with green mint instead, with Rimmel London Peppermint.





The wild roses were done with Coral Matt Effect 402 and highlighted with my Kiss SPA02 White striper.
The rose buds were done with Golden Rose Nail Art 103.




The thorn bushes (?) were done with an old striper brush, using Anny Green Racing Drag.
And the lil' butterflies with Golden Rose Nail Art 102 and Kiss SPA12 Black.





What do you think? Success or 'meh'?
I'm happy and there's a smile on my face with these - if they don't give you butterflies, hope something else does anyway :D

Have a great Monday, you lovelies.

Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *



Don't forget to check all the other lovely creations by these ladies here:

Carmina from Cubbiful


Nicole from Dipped in Lacquer






Paulina from Paulina’s Passions


Kristina from Polish and Repeat


Rachael from Rachos Nail Love



Yohana from Beauty-Shoes-Nails-Fun



20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Mina, these are just gorgeous! So pretty and playful and beautifully drawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeyyyy! Thank you so much! :)
      I thought I wouldn't be able to pull it off, but they turned out actually cute :D

      Delete
  2. Wonderful design!! Love it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Obrigada, Alexandra! Fico feliz que tenhas gostado! :D

      Delete
  4. Woooow ficaram super giras. :D

    www.letirose.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous!! :) I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.... thank you so much, Hetal! :D

      Delete
  6. I love your design! <3
    That mint rimmel nail polish reminds me very much of mint candy apple (Essie). So pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I also find some resemblence between those polishes, which makes me happy because I can't get mint candy apple here in Portugal ;)

      Delete
  7. These are really gorgeous Mina <3 Loving everything about them, but especially the color combo. These cute orange butterflies go so well together with pink roses <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sweetie! :)
      I think the butterflies came out cool - I was gonna make them blue, but now I'm glad I didn't ;) They truly pop out! **

      Delete
  8. OMG it's absolutely perfect!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, such a great compliment coming from you. Thank you so much **

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...