Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Negative Space Meets Striping Tape

Meteorology can sometimes actually be right! 
Today was such a good sunny day I'm glad I chose an untried coral shade for my mani :)

And that was no other than:




Barry M Coral (No.296)
Such a hard shade to capture on camera, but so gorgeous in real life! :D





I loved how simple the negative space look is to achieve and how awesome it turns out, so I went for it.
Yes, I'm shamelessly showing off my yellowed stained nails, just with some base coat on.
Look at all the pieces of striping tape instead -  there's so many!!! ;)





And this was the end result!! Love it!!
It's at the same time chic and edgy! Negative space, you rock! :))




Then I decided adding some studs for the extra rock chic effect and went with gold studs, first.


But then...





Of course I had to try some silver ones on as well.
And they both looked so cool, for a moment I didn't know what to do.




Which ones do you think I ended up chosing? Let's see if you can get it right ;)
Also let me know your favourite combo of the two, of course.

And sorry for the late post today, but I've been acting lazy this evening, just reading and cuddling the kitties - off to paint my nails now; hope it won't turn into a (very) late night ;)



Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

10 comments:

  1. Cute nails!! :) You are an artist!!

    lots of kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much beexpressivenails :)
      Had a look at your blog and loved it! Thank you for commenting and letting me know you're out there :))

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I love to use striping tape too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hun!! I love it too! Although it makes me crazy, sometimes, I love the clean effect it gives! :))

      Delete
  3. lovely......... I have got few striping tapes and looking out for ideas... got one lol. But seeing this i feel i am not patient to do that on all nails. Looks cool though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try an accent nail Anita :) Would love to see it :)

      Delete
  4. These are great! And because I just love the combination of red and gold and do that all the time myself I'm gonna say you went with that - but it'd look as good with silver ones as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin! :) I did decide on the gold studs - they matched the label on the polish hahaha :D

      Delete
  5. Lovely, Mina. I want to try negative space but my nails are all yellow-stained and I can never get them "normal" looking. Perhaps I should just do something at the cuticle end where it's not so bad! I love the silver studs, but agree that the gold ones look good with the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Claire :)
      I understand your drama - mine are, too (you can see it on the tips). I tried choosing a design that wouldn't show too much of the tips but... alas. Anyway, I think you're right - maybe with a design that show only the cuticle end will be better ;) Can't wait to see you try! :D

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...